Monday, November 26, 2007

exhausted

This is the most tired I've been in weeks, perhaps months. Usually six hours of sleep are sufficient for me and I'm up at 7 or 7:30, checking my email, writing, composing, then walking Hugo and continuing my work day. This past weekend has been extremely exhausting. I've been gigging non-stop since Thursday. Had a major concert on Friday, two gigs on Saturday, then topped it off with a four set marathon at the Swan and Firkin last night. I could hardly stand upright when I got home...had a bite to eat, then fell into a stupor of a sleep and slept for eight and a half hours. I can't remember last time I slept this long. And when I woke up this morning, I didn't feel all that refreshed and still am groggy two hours later. But I wouldn't want to do anything else, no matter how exhausting live performing gets after the age of 50.